HipHop/Rap (How to make a good music video)



I watched this video on how a guy creates music videos for the genre of HipHop & Rap music. I thought that this was very interesting and i like the way that you can turn something so simple, like walking down a set of stairs, to something that looks genuinely quite cool. I think that if i were to do a music video then i will definitely use some of the tips that this guy has given. I really enjoyed the way that he slowed a lot of the clips down where there wasn't anything vocal, to give it an impact and to set the scene. I think this shows that you can take the most common place (i.e. a park) and make it into an amazing music video. I will definitely use a lot of low angle shots to give power to the main singer and then use mid shots when filming the dancers to give them all an equal sense of power. I think that music videos should be very short and snappy for each dancing scene, just to give an impact of the emotions that you feel while watching the video. I think that when creating a music video, a lot of what you film comes back to Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, with the self-actualisation because while your watching it, it gives you a feeling that you could be in their position, doing the same dance and vocalising the same lyrics.

Here is the official music video that was being created in the tutorial above!

Comments