Comparing Assisted Website Builders

I have compared 2 assisted website builders to see which one to use for my coursework. My music genre is R&B, so I was thinking to have a simple layout with plain colours. Although my music video will be full of various colours, so I could match the website with the theme of the music video. Below is the Website Builder: Weebly.com. This website is my favourite to use as it is very easy to learn how to build your website by yourself. Another one I looked at was Wix.com, this was a bit more difficult to use so I decided to watch a few videos on YouTube, to help me understand how to use the site. 

With Weebly.com, I like the beginning page as it is really simple and easy to navigate yourself around the builder. It keeps all of your your information private but neatly stored in obvious places, in order for you to find. It gives you all crucial information, like how many views your page gets a week. It allows you to upgrade and have access to premium things like uploading videos and audios to your web page. It also gives you an option to have a selling website or a general information website. The disadvantages of this is that you cannot upload the audio and videos for free, whereas on Wix.com you can. It also doesn't give you as many options reference to themes and styles of the website pages.



Wix.com is complicated to use in the beginning, but after watching tutorials on YouTube, i got a better understanding on how to work and navigate myself around the website. Wix.com is good because it allows you to have many different designs and layouts that you can choose from. It also allows you to upload music and videos to the website, without having to pay. It also gives you access to lots of online tools that you can add to the website, with varied designs and layouts. It also gives you more advanced settings incase you wanted to make your website more original. On one of the settings it allows you to see your current activity on who views your pages and places where you can market your page.

In the end I have decided to use Wix.com because it gives you the opportunity to upload music and videos to the website for free, which is very crucial in my situation. I also liked the abstract designs it supplied me with for inspiration on how to design my own website. 

Comments