Website Analysis

I have deideed to analyse 3 websites in the same genre as mine, this will help me while creating my own website. The 3 artists that I have chosen to analyse are: H.E.R, Kid Ink & Tyga. I think that you can tell the style of the artist just by their website design. I believe this is shown through many aspects on the pages and I will explain how and why I think this. Click the larger images to open the official websites of the artists!


As I said before that you can tell the genre of the artist just by looking at their website, I have proven my point by asking a small focus group what genre they thought H.E.R is, they all said R&B by the way that it is simple and plain. This matches with the feel of R&B songs because they are very calming and do not have a lot going on. The H.E.R website shows that the title is very simple and is positioned in a really obvious place to state who it belongs to. The title of the websites indicates the design, fonts and colours of the rest of the site. H.E.R's page shows that the rest of the website is going to be white with very simple fonts and layouts.







This is shown by the pictures above of the rest of the website. The list of tours (right) are all in the same font and colour as the title, they also have very simple detail, matching the style with the rest of the site. You can see that she sticks with this style throughout the page as shown with the album lists (left). Each picture is the same size with equal width between them. This site acts sort of like a blog, as all of the information comes after each other, like in a list.



This is similar to the Kid Ink, but the title design is similar to his album designs. Whereas, on Tygas website, he doesn't have a title at all which is very unusual especially as there is no proper indication to who the website belongs to unless you look at the websites URL. The titile of the websites indicates the design, fonts and colours of the rest of the website. H.E.R's website shows that the rest of the website is going to be white with very simple fonts and layouts.


Comments