Food Colouring in Water research

For one of my shots in my music video, I want to make sure I include as much colour and excitement into the video as much as I can. I want to incorporate a clip into the beginning and ending of my video of food colouring being dropped into a glass of water. I think this would open and close the video very well because if I do these shots in slow motion, I believe will tell the viewer that this is a popping yet emotional feel to the video. The colour of the droplets symbolises the popping, fun element and the slow motion effect symbolises the emotion to the video. I researched how to perform this effect with the flowing droplets as I have never done it before and its very simple. The only trick is, depending on what effect you want the colour to make, depends on the temperature of the water. Below is a video I found on youtube showing the difference. As you can see, if you want a more misty outcome, then use hot water. Whereas I was wanting to do more of a detailed outcome, so my best option would be to use cold water.

Comments